“Certain environments, certain modes of life, and certain rules of
conduct are more conducive to inner and outer harmony than others.
There are, in fact, certain roads that one may follow.
Simplification is one of them.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
I’ve enjoyed sharing how important and liberating it’s been for me to restore order and organization in my home office by releasing excess, filing paperwork, and maintaining a sense of order and beauty in my home overall. I now think with clarity and discernment, which results in greater productivity and prosperity! This is the final article in this series. Please let me know how creating order and harmony in your space has been for you!
- Healthy live plants are both calming and energizing. One large plant and a couple of smaller plants on your desk or bookshelf can work well. Life-like artificial and silk plants/flowers also provide aesthetically pleasing accents.
I have been sharing suggestions to maintain a calm environment. However, there are people who prefer a more stimulating, upbeat atmosphere to stay energized and focused. In that case,
- Take periodic refresh breaks away from your computer to move your body, breathe fresh air outdoors and get another perspective. Expect to be more clear-headed and more productive when taking refresh breaks to renew yourself.
I also set my phone to alarm every 2 hours to stand (away from my laptop), roll my shoulders forward, then backward. I also bend forward to stretch the back of my thighs and calves. And sometimes, I just shake my entire body to revitalize myself!
- Keep your workspace clean, orderly and simple. Avoid excess paper and clutter that stifles energy. Make it a priority to manage, toss or file paperwork in a systematic and consistent manner daily.
- Once turning off your computer and putting your paperwork in order, identify three priority tasks for the next day. Place the list next to your computer to begin your worktime focused, with an orderly space that supports organization and productivity.
- Use a hot tub, sauna or foot tub to help relax tense muscles at the end of a long day. Soft music, candlelight and a non-alcoholic beverage are a pleasantly calming touch.
- How are you applying these guidelines and tools?
- What difference is it making in your life!
- Is there something else that would support your clarity, tranquility or overall energy?
For more support or guidance, please schedule a complimentary Liberation Journey Session with me at: https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/TWRUM8
Feel free to share this article with friends and colleagues.
Peace, Power, and Prosperity…